Thursday, December 8, 2011

Where to Begin!?

Every time I think about updating the blog I feel overwhelmed and the more time I let pass by, the more overwhelmed I feel! It's time to break the cycle! We've been busy here in the Owens home. Last I posted Levi was just shy of 2 months old. Now, my little boy is 6 months and still as sweet as ever! Oh, he melts my heart! It's been so fun to have such a snugly baby. He's happy about 90% of the time and for the other 10% he's only upset because he's hurt (usually by big brother trying to rough house) or he's tired. He's growing so fast! He's in the 95th percentile for his height and has been most if his life. He's 50th for his weight so he's a little bean pole :) That's the Owens side for ya! He still looks NOTHING like me! Haha! I always joke that unless Trent is with us, people would probably think I'm babysitting someone else's child. Luke looked just like my side for the longest time but around 6-9 months he started taking after Trent a little more. Levi is showing no signs of looking like me and that's just fine! I love that he takes after his dad and that he and Luke are so contrastingly different. Levi is officially mobile and crawling all over the place! He's in 7th heaven. He thinks he's so big now that he can play on the floor with Luke. He just adores big brother! No one can make him laugh like Luke does and Luke laughs back just as hard.

Luke turned 2 in November. My baby is now my big baby! (He'll always be my baby. Always.) I have to say that the terrible two's came a little earlier than 2. He's sure learning quickly how to throw tantrums and his new favorite word is "no". We're learning to get through it. "Time Outs" have become a daily occurrence but boy is he sweet when his minute is up! No one can send me over the edge and then warm my heart as quickly as that boy! Yes, there have been a few bumps in the road but there have also been so many sweet moments! He's speaking so much more now and cracking us up with the things he comes up with! He's always been pretty independent and wanted to do things on his own which we've always loved him for. Lately though he's been giving hugs and kisses and he's been extra snugly. Dad and I are soaking it all up as long as it lasts! He still loves when Dad comes home. I think he must get sick of spending all day with me, a GIRL, and feels relived to see Dad come through the door to wrestle with! We got a piano several months ago and Trent plays everyday when he gets home. I don't know how to play (yet) so when Trent sits down to play his little shadow is right there with him playing along. We love our little Lukie boy!
We have a new addition in the family! A rat terror named Brody. He's the sweetest little dog and our boys LOVE him! The best part is that he loves them right back. Brody and Luke could wrestle and run around the backyard for hours. It's so fun to see them become little buddies. He's a puppy still (8 months old) so when we first brought him home there were a few potty accidents but really that's been the hardest adjustment. He's a very quick learner and eager to please. My cousin and her husband gave him to us back in Aug. Her hubby was being deployed to Germany and they couldn't take the dog with them. He's been a lot of fun and a great addition to our family.
And finally, here's a picture of the cutest frog and Tigger you've ever seen! I hope this catches us up for now! Hopefully it won't be so long till I post again.
Posts to come: Tree Cutting and Seligman Trip & Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 Party