Thursday, January 14, 2010

Our Little Goober

It's been a month already since our last post. Luke is two months old! Where does the time go? Everyone tells you to enjoy every minute because it goes by fast. No kidding! He had his 2 month check up today and we found out he's 13lbs 3oz and 23 inches long. (That's 75th for weight and 50th for height for those who were wondering) He's smiling up a storm and is cooing and making the cutest little noises! Is there anything sweeter? He's such a snuggle bug which I LOVE! I think he's getting ready to start giggling any day now too. He starts to work up to it and then just can't quite get it out. Sometimes he goes from smiling to talking to crying to smiling again without missing a beat! You can tell this whole body thing is a little overwhelming to figure out for him still. We went through a rough week or two around Christmas time where every night at around 5 or 6 he would just cry for about 3 hours straight. No matter what we did he just couldn't be comforted. There was nothing we could do sometimes accept cry with him (and believe me sometimes I did). It broke my heart and I've never felt more helpless. (Audra, I feel for you! I had it for about 3 hours a day for two weeks. I can't imagine all day every day for 3 months! You're a good woman.) We weren't sure what brought it on but he seems to be out of that phase now. I seriously think that life just got to be too much for him sometimes and he just needed to cry it out. Being a baby must be so hard. There's so much to figure out and learn!
The majority of the time he's a happy baby boy. I think we're all learning our new roles as well as anyone would expect. It's interesting to see your spouse go from husband or wife to mom and dad. I know that for me I see Trent in a new light. I fall more in love with him each day as I watch him with our son. I knew he would be a great dad but he still has his ways of surprising me. He always told me before we had Luke that he wasn't as excited for the newborn/baby phase but was super excited for the one year old/toddler age. He's still excited for that but you can tell he just can't get enough of our sweet little Luke. After all they're only this little for so long. We are so in love with our baby boy! :)
1st Road Trip to UT to visit his Great Grandparents the week after Christmas.

1st Christmas in his cute PJ's Aunt Kelsey bought for him.

Hangin out with Dad

Sweet little smile :) We are having so much fun!

10 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm glad you put pictures up! I love the guitar onesie, can't believe he can fit into them already. He's one chunky monkey but that's what makes them even more adorable. I see so much of you Linds in him. Can't wait to hear him giggle!! Thanks for blogging, his cute smile made my night! Love you guys.

Rebecca said...

oh i love the last picture of him smiling. he is so cute! I glad things are going well for you guys.

amber {and co.} said...

Lindsay he is ADORABLE!! I love that last picture!! Glad you all are doing well, it really does go by too fast Ü We went through the same crying phase with Chandler but it ended up that he had colic (they diagnose it as colic when the baby cries for at least 3 hours a day, 3 days a week for 3 consecutive months)- I feel for you, it is AWFUL!! There really is nothing you can do but hold them and cry with them! I'm glad it only lasted a few weeks for you, but if it starts up again (knock on wood!) then you know what to look for Ü It's obvious that you guys are great parents and he is a happy little boy! Keep the pictures coming!! Ü

The Pea said...

Awe!!! I am so sad I missed you in Utah. I am so glad he is doing well!!

A Sharing Heart said...

What a sweetheart. I am so happy for you and Trent. There is nothing in this world better than a baby in your arms and watching them grow and learn about life. Have fun with him and love, love, love him.

Heidi Rieck said...

aw i love that little goober! hanging out with u guys the other day was so much fun! (haha his face when he saw maddie in his boncer seat haha pricless) That boy is getting SO big! watching u with that cutie gets me so excited to have lil lyddie here :) and i cant wait to see how they play and grow up together :) love u guys! lemme know when we can get together next k?

Mitch and Val said...

Lindsay! Hey I didn't even know you had a blog! I'm so glad that you wrote to me. Of COURSE you're not one of those people who has gotten crazy! Not even close. It seems like life is awesome for you right now. Your baby is adorable! I'm so glad that we can keep it touch more on here now!

mad white woman said...

It is so fun! And it doesn't go away (that I have experienced yet...) I remember I think two times that Clara couldn't be consolled and it was then I realized it's okay to lay the baby down and walk away. :)

Waldron Family said...

I talked to mom and she was so thrilled that you stopped by with baby Luke. It meant a lot to her...I love the pics you posted. The one he is smiling in is adorable. Good to hear how things are going. It's so wonderful to see and hear how you are doing. Love you.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

this is my first time seeing Luke! Pathetic! No real life visits and this is my first time to your blog since the swollen foot post! WHERE HAVE I BEEN?!?