Thursday, July 22, 2010

Really?

I knew as soon as Luke could crawl that it couldn't be long till he would be running. The very next day after figuring out crawling he was pulling himself up on the couch, his crib rail, kitchen chairs, pretty much anything he could. This is his new favorite thing to do. He can stand like this for several seconds. He has a new toy that a friend gave him. It's a Leap Frog shopping cart with wheels and he will actually walk with it sometimes. My mom always talks about how intense he is. Yep. That's the perfect word. Once he figures something out that's his main focus for a while. Huh, I wonder where he gets that? (Remember the puzzle and the Lego train track?) Maybe it's normal for an 8 month old to stand on his own like this, I have no idea I'm a rookie you know. All I know is he's growing up way too fast.

This intense personality of his could be why he got this today... Can you see it? It's just a little red mark under his eye. His first shiner. He loves to "help" me fold his laundry. I bring his clothes from the dryer in a blue plastic hamper. He pulls his clothes out of the laundry basket and throws them on the floor. Mommies little helper! Well today he was holding onto an edge of the hamper and it folded under him and he fell and hit his face on the edge. Poor little guy. He looked at that hamper like it did it on purpose! So sad.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh-he's gonna be walking SOON! Preston started standing like that just a couple weeks before he started taking steps! Yay Luke!

Rebecca said...

Awe! he is adorable! for some reason your blog doesnt show up in my news feed. so I never know when you post something new. unless you put it on FB. anywho, boys are really active. Tiring, but soooo much fun!

The Pea said...

Michael was this same way he was running at ten months. Just wait till he asks you to teach him to read when he's two!
You are such a great mom. It has been so fun seeing this through your blog. Although, I still think I would like to live on some compound somewhere with everyone.

Heidi Rieck said...

o poor luke :( i bet that still wont stop him from "helping" with the laundry haha

Kelsey said...

He's so cute!! What a strong little boy to pull all of that yummy chunkiness up {is that a word, haha}. He is too cute! Hopefully he won't be walking for a while so you can just enjoy him and "keep up" with him. We shall see...

Sione and Britni Fa said...

He's adorable! I can't believe how big he's getting...seems like you just had him.

Audra Owens said...

Playtime with cousins will be a reality now with these little ones up and moving around! He's such a cutie.

Alyson said...

Luke is a doll. I can't believe he's standing! Jane pulls herself up but she hasn't stood on her own yet. You are going to have an early walker!! Poor little guy with his shiner - I'm sure it's the first of many for this little explorer.... :)