Saturday, September 27, 2008

My turn to update!

I guess it has been a whole since you all heard from me. Well I guess I have a lot more time now since I was laid off this last Thursday. It came as a surprise, kinda. I did dream the night before that I was laid off. I guess God was just preparing me for the next day. So its on to job hunting! Lindsay has a job interview today for this place called Jymboree or something like it for a part time assistant manager. So hopefully good things will come from that. Be prayin with us to find employment if you would. It will be greatly appreciated.

So on to a different topic... a little while back I received the best gift ever (for the moment I received it at least)! I got all my Legos back! That's right all of them! I sold them to my moms friend before my mission to try and save some money and I regretted it ever since. Well she told me that as soon as I had my first son she would give them back to me. Well once I knew that she was going to give them back to me I figured I should try and get them now. And I did! Lindsay and I have already separated them by color and I have built a few sets. Brings me back to my childhood! Its great! We might have pictures to come later.

So other than that I have started a new hobby about a month ago. My friends got me into fishing. We would go every Friday to Saguaro Lake and fish off the shore or the dock. At first we would catch nothing or these little Bluegill...




But the last two times we went we figured what the Largemouth Bass like, and that's what we want to catch! Last week my buddy Jason caught 3 Bass in like 30 min. and I caught nothing.





Well yesterday I caught 4 Largemouth and Jason 1. I just figured God was showing a little sympathy on me for losing my job the day previous and let me enjoy catchin lots of fish. It was all good and fun!






4 comments:

mad white woman said...

Good luck with the job hunting for both of you. You'll be blessed.

And you're welcome for letting Clara go so Jason was distracted (ha ha). I told Jason she can go every week. Congratulations on your fish!

Katrina said...

Thats too bad about the job. Good luck these next few weeks! It was great seeing you guys and getting to meet Lindsay.

The Pea said...

It took Brittany and I a while to figure out it was Trent writing. We are a little slow tonight!

Good luck job hunting and LIDZ.... seriously let me know if you get the gymboree job I would love to take advantage of that discount!!!

amber {and co.} said...

Sweet, Leggos are the BEST! At least if you don't have a job for the moment you have something exciting to fill your days :) We'll be thinking about you guys and praying for you for sure! Good luck and keep us updated!