Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fun Weekend!!

This is Trent again. So this last Friday I went mountain biking with a friend from my ward. Normally I am pretty good and if I ever come off my bike it isn't that bad like I loose my balance or something. Well this last trip I came off good and hard. We were on a downhill section and it was a single track trail and it was on the side of a steep hill. I started sliding off the side of the trail and fearing the fall down the mountain I locked up my brakes. Well I locked the front brakes a little too hard and I flew over the handlebars down the mountain. I landed about 10-15ft downhill from my bike and was dinged up pretty good. The impact wasn't that bad. I have been a little sore this weekend but what made it especially fun (note the sarcasm) is that as I rolled downhill I rolled through 2 cholla cacti. So this last weekend we have been digging out thorns, which isn't that bad when you do it yourself but the majority of the thorns were on my backside so Lindsay had to go to town. It hurts worse when you don't know when the pain is coming. And I don't ever want to repeat this accident but I have to admit that it was very nice with Lindsay concerned about me and taking good care of me while I was injured. She's the best!

3 comments:

Mandy Coffey said...

well it could have been worse! thank goodness it wasn't worse.

The Pea said...

She is the best!!! Glad it was not as bad as it could have been.

Mandy Coffey said...

linz- just got your message on my blog... i dont have your email, or at least the one i have i think is old... i have the juno one. Is it good? i hope so i just sent you an email about temp agencies... email me mandybabe6@gmail.com