Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's About Time!

Man I hate it when people take forever to update their blogs!! Ok, ok so I'm guilty! Lately there hasn't been much to blog about and now that I actually have something to write about I take forever to get to it! So here goes...

My Dad's birthday was Feb. 27th. He turned 46 this year!! Holy Cow! Trent and I went out to Maricopa to have cake and ice cream with the family to celebrate. Before we could have ice cream though we went to the local park to watch him in his last soft ball game of the season. Now, I know what you might be thinking, "wasn't that how he busted his ankle a year ago?" Why yes, yes it is! I guess there was no stopping him though and he was very excited to get out there and play again. Luckily he walked away uninjured this year. What can I say he's a risk taker and that's one of the things I love about him. Seriously though I think I have the best Dad! He's so much fun and anyone who knows him can attest to that. He also has the greatest heart & I love him SO much!I just love this picture or my Dad. This was during the cabin trip just before Tyler left. I think he looks so handsome :)

We also were able to celebrate Trent's birthday which was March 1st which also fell on a Sunday this year. So we celebrated on Saturday. This year I decided to let Trent plan his special day and do what he wanted to do. We love love love road trips so on Saturday he wanted to hop in the car and drive to The Burger House which is in Miami, AZ. So that's exactly what we did. Those of you who have been there know that they have THE BEST burritos ever and those of you who haven't been there should go! We think it's totally worth the 2 hour drive! We had a lot of fun and took the longer scenic route home and stopped at our friends Clark and Kelsey's house to say hi. We had dinner at BJ's on the way home and just took it easy the rest of the day. On his actual birthday we had his famous Nachos birthday dinner at his parents house. Trent loves nachos and that is and always will be his meal of choice! He even wanted to have a nacho bar at our wedding!
On our way to The Burger House!

This one just cracks me up! My husbands vision is starting to go and he has very sensitive eyes so in order to see while he's driving during the day he has to wear his sun glasses and his vision glasses...It just makes me laugh. What an engineer :)

Before we left for The Burger House though we stopped at a local music shop so Trent could pick out one of his presents, a new ukulele. He picked up playing on his mission but the instrument he got on his mission is actually a quarto and not a 'real' ukulele and he's always wanted a real one. He also gets to fix up his mountain bike for his birthday which he is SO excited about. He got a new fork for his mountain bike. His old one wasn't working and he said would slow him down on the downhills. After he picked up his new Fox fork he went for his first ride with his new and improved bike. He came home and said "this is the best birthday present ever!" I think that means he's happy :) And that makes me happy to see him happy.

Present #1 & Present #2


The happy birthday boy after a great ride on his newly improved bike! I love him:)

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

Yay! It is about time chica!! Looks like Trent had a great birthday and was definitely spoiled!! Yes Trent, SPOILED! We need to go to burger house soon too, yummmm.

amber {and co.} said...

Happy Birthday Trent! Haha, that cracks me up that he would want a ukulele, you should post a video of him playing it :)

mad white woman said...

This is the second blog I've read today that has talked about that Burger place. I'm going to have to try it out one of these days.

Rach said...

hey thanks for the weighloss advice! i'm not really a pop girl but i am an energy drink girl so i have two stones to kick with that, caffeine AND pop. haha I might have to find that cook book, i don't watch the show (dave would HATE it) but i do have a few of their work out videos. i've never heard the 70/30 thing, but i'll have to try cuz just working out isn't working! thanks again!

Waldron Family said...

Hi there! It was so nice of you to write that about your dad, and my bro! He really is a great guy and I'm so thankful he has a great daughter like you to appreciate him. I enjoyed him while growing up...we had lots of laughs together. So thankful he met and married your mom...she is pretty wonderful too, which helps him be more wonderful. Talk to you soon. Love ya!