Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Countdown Has Begun!

I officially hit my 37 week mark on Sunday. That means any time people! (I know, I know I could go over my due date but just don't ruin this for me!) I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by. I was talking to Trent the other day and we were in awe of how it seems like just yesterday we were telling our parents but at the same time it feels like a distant memory. As difficult as these last few weeks have been with crazy swelling, weight gain, sleepless nights of trips to the bathroom and heartburn, backaches and feeling like I can't move because of this huge beach ball in front of me, I have really loved being pregnant! :) It's true you go through an emotional roller coaster while you watch your body change from your own to the host of this little person growing inside of you. I can't believe how much weight I've gained and I'm ready to burst into tears whenever I get a good look at my feet! But I have the reassuring knowledge that at the end of all this I get to hold my little man in my arms! That makes all this we women go through so worth it! I can't wait! The closer I get to my due date the more and more excited I get. I saw my Dr on Monday and he said I was 2 cm dilated (sorry if that's TMI for some of you). I kinda wish now that I didn't know because now that I know my body is getting ready for labor I can't help but feel like it's just around the corner. I'm being realistic though and I know that in reality this could last for weeks! I'll be sure to keep you all posted though. I told Luke that he had to hold on till his baby shower. Well, that was Saturday so he has the go-ahead to come out any time! (Which I tell him regularly)
Speaking of my shower, it was awesome! I'm so overwhelmed by my generous friends and family. Thank you to all who came and helped! It was so much fun! I loved opening all the cute little clothes and supplies that I'll get to use in a few more weeks. It kinda brought it all home and made this seem a little more real to me. It was a great day. As soon as I get pictures I'll put them up. I also have some maternity pictures that my friend Kelsey offered to take for me. I'll put those up when I get them too. It's funny how startling it is to see yourself in pictures when you're the size of a whale but Kels did a pretty dang good job of minimizing that for me :) I hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween (which for me is just a silly holiday to help us gear up for "the real" holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas)

7 comments:

Melanie Sawyer said...

Better put those pictures up cause when luke gets here you will not have any time.

The Pea said...

Oh my heck! I feel like you were just telling us too! You are going to be an awesome mother. AND.... Not that I mean to keep up your delusion that this could happen soon, but I was not even 2 CM when I was 42 weeks with Michael

Unknown said...

I am so stoked for you guys!! And wow-you're already a 2?! That's awesome! I bet you'll go sooner than 40 weeks. Spend your last few days sleeping alot and going on lotsa dates with Trent! Good luck with everything-it's such a fun experience!

Cristen said...

I can not wait for you to have the cute adorable little boy i know is dying to come meet he awesome mom and dad! I am so excited for you and Trent!! Keep us posted and I will be praying that you have him soon. It's a good sign that you are already dilated, but like Pea I do not want to get your hopes up. I love you Good Luck!

Jenessa said...

A beach ball in front of you would be better at least it can bend and give a little when you want to bend over!!! I can't wait to see the little guy! Hang in there. It just gets better from here. The late nights were my favorite time because it was just me and the baby with no phone or TV or all the other day time distractions.

Kelsey said...

Can't wait to meet the little guy!! Just count on going late and then you wont be upset, that's my advice. How exciting for you guys! It's such a life changing experience but it's AMAZING, as you already can tell with what you are going through now! We love you guys and hope it comes sooner than later, that Lucas comes!

Put those pics up before it's too late!!

amber {and co.} said...

It's getting so close Lindsay, I'm so excited for you! Get all the sleep you can these last few weeks, your body is working overtime and it will be a while before you get a good nights sleep again ü Hope you're feeling okay and that Luke doesn't take too long to make his appearance! ü