Sunday, April 4, 2010

Joy


* This post was supposed to be first*
So much to write about! First of all, can I just talk about our cute little Lukie Boy? He's always had a lot of character and personality, even from the day he was born, but as he gets older the more of it he allows us to see. He's been so much fun! He's learned to roll over and is very proud of his new achievement! Every time he does it he looks at us like "Check me out!". He seems to have found his voice too. So fun! He likes to talk to himself sometimes in the morning before I get him from his crib. I'll let him chatter to his toys for a while till I can't help but go get him to join in the conversation. Which brings me to his next big accomplishment! We're sleeping through the night *hallelujah*. I feel like a human again. I was getting up with him 3 to 4 times a night and needless to say I was pretty much a grouchy zombie. My poor husband took the brunt of my crankiness. He was such a dream though and let me be cranky to him and was always great to take Luke so I could have a break when he came home from work. Love him! All three of us are thrilled that Lucas sleeps through the night. How did we do it? The good ol' let him cry it out method. It was torture!!! But lucky for me there were only two nights of crying and he didn't seem to be even the slightest bit angry at me in the morning. He's such a sweeite. I'm so glad he's a snugly boy. He loves to be cuddled and I'm more then happy to let the laundry pile up and the dishes sit in the sink to oblige him. I love being a mommy! The best word I can think of to describe this experience is Joy.










1 comment:

Kelsey said...

He is SOOO you! I LOVE it!! Love all the pictures and love how big he is getting...Motherhood is great! Joy is a perfect word to use!!