Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Break in Rocky Point

Woo Whoo Spring Break! Par-Tay!! Ok so maybe those partying days are way way behind us but we did go to Rocky Point, Mexico for Spring Break this March and it was so much fun. We went with Trent's brother Jeff, his wife Leza and their two cute kids Addison and Xander. Trent's been going there at least once a year for most his life and I joined the fun right after we got engaged. Let me tell you though, it's a completely new experience going with a baby. Normally we would wake up get in our swim suits and head straight to the beach and only come back to the house to eat and sleep. This time however we probably spent about 5 or 6 hours total on the beach the whole 5 days we were there. It was still a lot of fun but a different kind of fun. It was Luke's first time at the beach and he didn't seem to care too much. He liked putting his toes in the sand but other that I think he'd be just as happy indoors.


A trip to RP wouldn't be complete without a trip to the fish market to barter for souvenirs. This time I was spoiled though by my husband. Every year we go I want to buy a matching pitcher and glasses set and a brightly colored clay vase. They just remind me of Mexico and I think they're pretty. Well my requests were finally granted and I walked away with not only the pitcher and glasses and clay vase but a platter to match and two Mexican blankets! I was a happy girl. We had a new dining experience while we were there too that I think has become a new tradition. It's a little fish shop behind the fish market where the owner fries up any fresh fish or shrimp you want for a great price to eat in tacos, in homemade tortillas of course. I'm drooling just thinking about it! It was literally behind the fish market so we were eating near the water and the view but also near all the other lovelies of a back ally. Authentic. All part of the experience though. Our little family had a great time this year and are looking forward to next year already.







At the "resturant" behind the fish market

See, Luke had a little fun at the beach.


Trent and I have a picture very similar to this one that we took when we were engaged. Now here we are again married with our chunky baby.



Luke with cousin Xander in their matching suits. Too cute!


1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Not gonna lie, I am jealous! I was so bummed we couldn't join you this year. Looks like you had a blast and found great new spots! I remember when we went and you guys were engaged, we had to share a bed haha. Good times! Love how Xander and Lucas have matching swimsuits, what studs!