Monday, January 7, 2008

Goodbye "Happy Pounds"!

Trent and I LOVE LOVE LOVE being married and wouldn't give it up for anything, but there has been a BIG downside. I hear this is pretty common among newlyweds and so that gives me a little hope! Trent and I have put on quite a few "happy pounds", as a friend of mine so affectionatly calls them. You know that added weight that apperantly comes with being married. I knew NOTHING about this! It seems that we've been REALLY happy cause between the two of us we've probably put on about 60 lbs in six months! I especially feel bad for Trent because before we started dating he lost about 35 lbs and has pretty much gaind it all back since I came into the picture. I can't help it if I'm such a great cook!!:) (just kidding I'm really not That good). My problems started soon after I started birth control and I haven't been able to manage my weight since! SO, after complainging about how chubby (but Happy!) we both are we decied to acctually do something about it. I'll have to post some before pictures to that you can see our progress!(I hope) We decied not to "diet" because we want to still be able to enjoy eating what we like and we wanted something that we could both stick with. We're just trying to cut back on how much we're acctually putting in.
So that just leaves the "E" word...Exercise!! Let me just say that I am not athletic nor have I really ever cared to be so this part of the "get fit plan" is not something I'm excited about in the least bit! We don't have a gym membership right now nor can we really caugh up the money for one so we've resorted to jogging. We're running 3 nights a week with my brother and sister-in-law Justin and Audra which is great because he can spit out 6 miles without breaking a sweat and she's in the same boat that we are so he keeps us motivated and she helps me not feel too much like a loser! It's acctually been pretty fun. I ran 1/2 a mile and walked about 1 1/2 miles the first time and Trent ran 2 the first time (guys suck by the way!) The next couple of times however I managed to run 1 1/2 which felt so GREAT!!!! We're really excited and more motivated than ever to get healthy. If anyone has any suggestions PLEASE pass them along.

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

We couldn't help you in that department! We have just stayed "happy" since we've been married. But keep it up!!

The Pea said...

I just lost 20 Happy pounds!! thank you three kids later. And now Joe is trying to loose some of his weight as well. All I can say is it sounds like you are on the right track. Whatever you do don't stop eating breakfast!!! And by the way I Love you so so so so much!!!!!

Cristen said...

Welcome to the get fit club. Me and bobby have both just started our own club to help us loose those unwanted pounds we have. It is so much easier to do it together to good luck. I agree with Pea as well skip any meal but breakfast.

Created Amiably said...

Hi its your cousin Ami, umm we have stayed VERY happy for now 6 years! But the "E" word will help you have more energy to be happy! Here is our blog
jubilantjacksons@blogspot.com

Amrine's said...

rachel here...I can tell you that I know exactly what you are talking about! dan and I have also gained some happy weight with some bloating. fun! fun! fun! we are talking about going to a gym sometime but will we do it??? just have to wait and see. love ya!