Monday, April 21, 2008

Slacker!

I will be the first to admit that I have a tendency to procrastinate. That is one of the things I dislike most about myself. I wasn't always this way. While I was in elementary school and middle school I was always on top of things and homework was my number one priority when I got home. My freshman year was that way too. But gradually I started procrastinating homework and studying but somehow still pulled off being an A and B student. How could I really learn my lesson about procrastinating while I was being rewarded? I never really did learn that oh so important lesson. Now I’m in school again as a college student and the only thing that procrastinating rewards me with now is panic and a cold sweat. Trent on the other hand is quite the opposite! He's a go getter all the way! He hates putting things off and likes to get them done and out of the way. I used to be like that! I used to love that about myself in fact. I would get everything I didn't like to do out of the way and then enjoy my free time. I still hate having things linger over my head waiting to get done. So why don't I just get them out of the way first!? I want to get back to having that mentality. I’m starting school up again in the fall (I was supposed to start in the spring if that helps my statement any) and I want to enjoy my college experience as much as possible and I think overcoming this downfall will really help. I don't put off everything, just certain things. But I am really going to try to be better and take control of my life. It's such a bad habbit. I really need to work on that. Maybe I'll try tomorrow...or the next day.

4 comments:

Cristen said...

Bobby is a big procrastinater(not sure that is even a word) when it comes to his homework. The wierd thing is that he workd faster and better under pressure. An assignment that would take him 2-3 hours when done early, he can finish in 30min-1 hour when its put off. I can not work that way. I am like you and get nervous and sweat. Well enough babbling. Ihope you get better at it all. Good luck at school.

The Pea said...

I have started making myself do puzzles, not only does it let me concentrate but I have to finish what I start.

Good Luck!!

Kelsey said...

You aren't alone on procrastinating...I think we all can find it in ourselves, I am not excusing it just stating everyone suffers from it...I am glad you are getting back into school, you are better person than I am!!

benandchayfuller said...

Ya procrastination gets the best of us. I hate that about myself. Good for you for going back to school. I need to do that one day too :)