Monday, January 19, 2009

He's Outta Here!

I actually wrote this a while go but I'm just now getting to posting it!

Well it's official..Tyler is in the M.T.C. (Mission Training Center)! My family drove him up to Provo last weekend. He reported at the M.T.C. Wednesday with just my parents (the boys stayed with my aunt Nancy in Hurrican, UT). Unfortunately Trent and I weren't able to go so we said our goodbyes to him last Friday. I had no idea how difficult that would be. You wait their whole life to see them go on a mission but never really prepare yourself to let go! Life will be so strange for the next two years without him but we are so excited and proud of the decision he made.
He seriously is such a good kid! He will be terribly missed but we know he has greater and better things to do in Alaska. He is so excited to get there and serve! We love him to pieces!!

2 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

Good luck to your bro! It's always hard to say goodbye for two years, but what a great place for him to be!

Kelsey said...

I am happy for your whole family!! He will have such an amazing time and you will get to hear all about it...And yes it get's easier with the next one and by the twins it will be nothing...like they are going on a little vacation!! It still feels like Darrik hasn't been gone long and its been 3-4 months now!