Thursday, February 7, 2008

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Today I was talking to a lady at work and she asked how many siblings I have. When I told her there were six of us and that I am the oldest and the only girl I got the usual response "Oh you poor thing!" To that I just laugh and say "Actually I LOVE it!" I love being surrounded by all the men in my life!
I didn't always feel like that though. When we found out my third brother, Jared, was going to be "another boy!?" I cried for days. I couldn't understand why I couldn't have just ONE sister! My mom finally came to me and said "How do you think your baby brother feels looking down on you crying because you don't want him?" That changed my whole perspective on things. Then when my mom told me that she was pregnant again and that it wasn't only one boy coming into our family but two boys, I was ecstatic! It was so perfect and they completed our family. There are a lot of up sides to being an only daughter in a family of sons. When I turned 8 I got my own room and never had to share again! Going on Daddy daughter dates and not having to share him with anyone else! When my Dad and the boys go on Father and Sons camping trips my Mom and I get "our time". I didn't understand what Drama was till I got had girlfriends in Jr. High! Which is a HUGE blessing cause, I don't do drama too well!...I could go on but basically I think that Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he put me in my family of boys. The boys make me laugh every time I'm around them. They are such good kids too. You never hear about them getting into trouble or causing problems for anyone and we all love each other.

A lot of that credit has to go to my parents. They're raising great kids. My Dad is another 'boy' that I'm crazy about! He's my Daddy and I'm his Little Girl and that's how it's always gonna be! My boys treat me like a princess and so it was only natural for me to be drawn to a companion who treated me the same way. Trent fits in perfectly into my life. I still can't believe I got him! I'm so lucky to have him! He's all boy and can be just a goofy and silly as my brothers (which I love). They love him and he loves them right back. I don't know what I'd do without all my Kings and Princes!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I cant believe how much older your brothers look! It has been forever since i have seen them. Thats was a cute thing to write :)

Cristen said...

While growing up I always looked at your parents at having the perfect relationship. They always seemed to be so much in love and when they were in the moment it seemed as if no one else was there. Even when surround by all the craziness that comes with a big family. And I can see you and Trent following in there footsteps. I have not been around the two of you but you can see your happiness in the pictures you post. And hey maybe you will only get girl babies when that time comes. There is still a chance for you to have a family full of girls. LOve and Miss you.

Kelsey said...

Cute chica!! Its fun growing up in a family of 5 brothers, they teach us well! Oh and my blog my sister made for me...She also helped my sister in law amber phillips do hers and where to find it! She was on the phone with her for 45 minutes!! Let me know what you want or looking for and I can ask my sister.

Jolene Warren said...

OK little girl! I don't read your blogs to cry!!!! Jerk! I love you guys, and I remember when you cried that you were having another brother! heehee You're doing just fine kiddo, just fine! I'm very proud of you!