Sunday, March 23, 2008

Box Canyon


So last weekend Lindz and I went to Box Canyon near Florence, AZ with my brother and his family. It was a great trip and the first time that I was able to see Lindsay’s skills on a quad! And let me tell you a fun story. So we started near the Gila River and started upstream through Box Canyon. Here is Lindsay coming through it. It was a nice relaxing ride and as you can see the stream was flowing and made it that much better.


So we finally get through, which actually happened faster than we thought, and we decided that we should go up a nice mountainous trail. We get to the top and take time to enjoy the scenery. The greenery was amazing. I have been out there before and never enjoyed my surroundings as much as I did. Usually I like the ride more than anything.


So after that we decided to head back down. And on the way down poor Lindz rolled it! I was right behind her and saw the whole thing. At first I was scared cause I witnessed the quad rolling over top of my wife and feared that she was hurt. But when I knew she was ok I thought it was kinda cool. I have a tuff wife!!! Oh and sorry I didn’t take a picture. Even though I thought it was a little cool, I figured that getting the gas-leaking quad off my wife’s pinned legs was more important. But after that everything was great and we loved it! And to top it off we had and awesome sunset to end a beautiful day!

9 comments:

The Pea said...

Holy cow!! I am sure glad you are okay!!

benandchayfuller said...

Those pictures really make me miss the desert. I'm glad you are ok. How scary!

Kelsey said...

Thats kewl, sounds like you guys had fun and Lindz is a tough gal, that would have been funny to see too but I am glad she is ok!

Jolene Warren said...

It's little "whoopsies" like this one that make motherhood not so scary! heehee If you can handle this kind of stuff, you can tackle anything! heehee Way to go on the tuff stuff! (It's a Loomis thing! :-) )

Rebecca said...

thats sounds like a lot of fun. i was rolled on a quad once, while i was a passenger. it looks like you guys had a lot of pretty scenery.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

hey owens fam! you guys look like youre having so much fun! linz- email me so i can invite you to my blog!
stephd757@yahoo.com

The Pea said...

You've got a tag over at my place!!
Love ya!

Waldron Family said...

Man, I wish I could have gone on a trip like that. Sounds wonderful. Lindsay, you are WOMAN! thankfully you are alive and well to tell about it. Stay that way, ok! Hee hee.

Unknown said...

Trent its Cassi. My sister got me into this blogging thing. I am so sorry we did not make it to your wedding we had alot of complications with the pregnancy. But i want to keep intouch and hang out sometime. I miss you guys. my blog is jcrasmussen5.blogspot.com and my e-mail is cassi.rasmussen@gmail.com