Thursday, May 22, 2008

Movin' On Up!!

May has been such a busy but way exciting month for Trent and me! Trent's graduation was on the 9th, we went to Puerto Penasco, Mexico (aka Rocky Point) with his family last weekend (a super fun yearly tradition in the Owens family, I'll post about that later) AND we're moving this weekend!! That's right; Trent and I are growing up (sort of) and moving out of his parent’s guest house! His sweet Grammie is getting too old to live completely on her own and so to best accommodate her it was decided that we would swap houses with her. We are really excited about the decision! It's a bitter sweet situation though. On one hand, Trent and I are getting into a bigger place, Yippee! We've been living in a 400sq. foot one room radius for so long that moving into Grammies little town home is gonna feel like moving into a mansion! On the other hand it's hard for us to watch Grammie get older and have to depend on others more and more. She's such a sweet heart and we love her to death! This move will be great for her though and I think she’s pretty excited about being closer to family and managing a smaller place. It will be comforting for everyone to know that she is close to Dale and Joanna in case anything should happen to her. We will probably see her a lot more now too which we love because she's a hoot!! If you want a good laugh, hang out with her for a little while and you'll get it!
It's amazing how much you can accumulate in almost a year’s time. Looking at everything that we've boxed up, I don't know how we fit it all in our house in the first place! I really don't know if I could put it all away again and make it fit. It feels like we're busting out the seams in that place. I can't wait to utilize the little things like an oven, cook top, washer and dryer, two bathrooms! Aahhh, Heaven! I also get to decorate more than one room! Living in the studio room has given me a lot of time to get excited about decorating the town house and make it feel like home.
We have been so blessed in our marriage and we just can't get over it sometimes. Trent’s parents have been so wonderful to let us occupy their backyard for so long while we try to save for a house and now Grammie is letting us take over her home so we can save some more. We'll be adding a lot of financial responsibility with this move, more than we’re used to anyway, but it still is nothing like a house would be! It has been so nice for me to live so close to my in-laws too and to develop a relationship with them that maybe I otherwise wouldn't have right now. We’re really gonna miss being close to them sometimes. They are awesome and I love them so much! Trent and I have had fun in our little guest house but now we're ready for a new adventure! We'll never forget our humble beginnings and super fun memories and good times in the guest house!I didn't have a really good picture of the house itself but here's one of us in his parents backyard. The house is in the back of a garage, that you can't see, behind Trent. That walkway behind the pool takes you right to the door. They have an awesome pool back there too that we're gonna miss being so close to. I know we're spoiled!

7 comments:

mad white woman said...

Way to go you grown ups! :) I've felt out of space since the day we moved into our house... so I'm pretty impressed you managed to do it in 400 SF!

Kelsey said...

Yea, you get more space!! That will be nice and I bet you are excited! Sorry we can't be of more help this weekend for you guys, hope it goes well. Here's to 2 bathrooms, yippeee!!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

thats awesome! i remember our teeny little apartment! as much as i am glad to keep moving to more and more space, i sometimes miss the simple life we had there!
our relationship is so much like yours! our first year of marriage we lived in a small apartment. then rob graduated so we moved from a teeny apartment to his grandmas beach house- that was super exciting!
who knows, in 6 years of marriage you might be having your 3rd kid just like me! (except take my advice and stop at 2!!!)

The Pea said...

How fun!!!! You are so cute. I am so glad you feel your blessings that is so important! I love you guys so much, you have seriously got a great life out in front of you!!

Oh yeah and congrats to Trent for graduation!

benandchayfuller said...

Yay! I bet it will be nice to have more space. Congrats!

Bliss Portraits said...

Sounds like you have fun things going on right now, graduation, moving... good for you guys! Sorry just wanted to get back to you on you questions on my blog. I have a Nikon D200, but really want to upgrade to the D300 because it has a better sensor chip in it. But really, to start all you need is a good SLR with some GREAT lenses. It depends on what type of photography you want to get into. Just email me sometime and we can discuss lenses and their different effects. I'm still learning, but I can tell you what I know. So just have a good SLR in hand that will allow you to use great lenses. I started with a peice of crap camera, but that's all I really understood... and then I have moved up as I have learned more and more. I have heard that portrait photographers LOVE cannon, but I love my Nikon. I think you'll be great either way, just pick one and then stick with it. Now that the Nikon D300 has come out, it is comparable to canon's great portrait capabilities. Anyways, email me some time because I would love to chat... I love to "geek out" and talk photography with anyone who shares the passion! I didn't know about the reunion, so thanks... keep me posted... or I guess we should find out through grandma and grandpa! take care, sorry for the novel!

Richelle said...

i think that is awesome you are saving money for a house! man, it would feel so nice to get out of such a small place and have a little room to stretch. it's nice that you have such generous in-laws. and by the way I am so glad you found me! It'll be nice to see what you are up to.