Monday, December 1, 2008

Don't You Love The Smell of Fresh Cut Christmas Trees? (Scroll down for Thanksgiving post)

Last year I was adopted into an Owens family tradition of cutting our own Christmas tree! I went with Trent's parents and their friends the Rollers and despite pleading from me, Trent had to stay home. He was still in school at the time and just couldn't miss any time for homework and studying. However, he'll never live down not coming with me on our very first Christmas as a married couple to cut down our first tree :) Anyway, it was such a fun experience last year and I was so excited to continue that experience again this year. This time Trent was with us. We also recruited my whole family to come join the festivities :)
The Whole Gang!

The finished product :)

4 comments:

Cristen said...

how fun is that. I have only gone and cut a Christmas tree down once in my whole life. I would love to do it again at least once. Nothing beats that smell. But I love my fake, easy to take care of, on as well.

Kelsey said...

I would love to do that!! Lucky you, and how fun to have your family there too! You are several steps ahead of us on decorations...

The Pea said...

How fun! Joe and I were just saying how much we wan to do this next year!

Waldron Family said...

What a great tradition! I was happy to see your family joined in as well. and I do love the smell of a fresh Christmas tree.