Monday, December 8, 2008

I Am Woman Hear Me Roar!!!

So I feel like I accomplished something great on Saturday. Since Trent and I started dating he's been asking me to go mountain biking with him. He loves to mountain bike! I don't know why but I just have felt uneasy about doing it. I'm not the most graceful person in the world as anyone who knows me can attest to. I knew it was pretty much a guarantee that if I went I would get hurt, I wouldn't be able to keep up with Trent (which I can't stand by the way!) or something terrible would happen which would keep me from going again. I know I'm a real optimist! But much to my, and Trent's, surprise I actually liked it! I couldn't keep up with Trent, and I almost passed out at the top of a big climb (seriously I was falling over at the top, Trent had to hold me and my bike up just before I dry heaved in the bushes. Sorry for the details) BUT I DID IT!!!! I was pretty proud of my self. If anything it showed me exactly how out of shape I am and motivated me to work harder! :)

Here we are at the top. Right after I just about hit the dirt and puked my guts out. Lovely.

4 comments:

The Pea said...

You go girl!!! I would have given in long before I puked!!

mad white woman said...

Please don't tell Jason this... for 7 years he's been trying to get me to go biking with him and I have all the same concerns as you did. He just doesn't need to know that your first attempt was a success. Then he'll have expectations for me or something. :)

Mandy Coffey said...

lol i would have been hesitant to go to! But at least now you can say you did it!!! and you looked hot doing it....

amber {and co.} said...

Hey at least you did it- congrats!!! Im sure Trent is proud, and just think, it will be that much easier next time :) Sorry it's been a while, with the little peanut around my blog reading time is scarce! But it looks like you guys have lots of fun stuff goin on, glad you're doing so well! we love ya!